There´s always something exciting going on in La Liga and tomorrow there´s tremendous value to be had as last years europa league winners visits Malaga at La RosaLeda stadium for one of spains classic derbys. Malaga has found great success in this years pre-season especially if the two teams are put head to head. However looking into the last few games of the teams we need to keep a few things in mind:
- Sevilla has been facing strong opponents in Barcelona, Roma and AEK Athens among others.
- Malaga on the other hand has started out their pre-season vs traditionally weaker teams such as Lekhwiya and Al wasl Dubai.
- If not for Pedros late goal in the Barcelona game, Sevilla could´ve advanced in the super cup. (note: Barcelona fell on the ignorance of Luis Henrique, who weakend the team a lot. Barcelonas bench is still on the level of any top european team however.)
- The average combined goals per game for the teams are 5 goals / game, with both teams averaging over 2.5 goal games in 2/3 of their latest 3 games.
- Sevilla tradionally wins this derby and it usually goes over 2.5 goals.
Apart from this both teams are looking healthy so the usual starting XIs should be featured this game aswell (excluding any tactical changes done prior to the game). Looking at Sevillas performance against Barcelona, the favourite for this game should be clear.
Malaga – Sevilla 1-2 @ 9.0
Malaga – Sevilla 2-2 @ 15.0
The vikings picks:
Malaga – Sevilla 1×2, 2 @ 2.25
Over 2.5 goals @ 2.0
Both teams to score @ 1.80